Monday, December 31, 2007

Red Ring of Death Update II - XBOX 360 Back Home

On the last day of 2007, I received from Microsoft a refurbished XBOX 360 as a replacement for my original one that was afflicted with the Red Ring of Death (RRoD) problem. In all it took 21 days for me to call up support, receive a shipping box (coffin), send my 360 to Microsoft's Jabil outsourced repair center, and finally have a refurbished unit returned to me. Not bad turnaround considering the holidays.

Now I'm crossing my fingers and hoping this 360 will last a while. It's scary how many other 360 owners have dealt/are dealing with the same RRoD issue, many multiple times. The forums at xbox.com are jam-packed with RRoD stories and rants. Let's hope this is my last time and later XBOX 360 builds with the new 65mm "Falcon" chip are more reliable....

Labels: