Friday, July 25, 2008

First week with the iPhone 3G

Picked up my 16GB white iPhone 3G last Saturday after waiting a week and my anger towards AT&T is now a faint memory. I've retired my Samsung Blackjack to emergency standby status and here's a quick take on my likes, dislikes and the apps I'm currently rocking on the new handset:

LIKES/COOL

  • Exchange sync - I can now easily access my company's global address book and all my email folders. Managing email is easier too.
  • App Store/iTunes ecosystem
  • Ease of use
  • Wi-Fi
  • Internet Browsing
  • Pandora - works well even over EDGE network
  • Auto correct keyboard - I type faster than on the Blackjack's QWERTY keyboard
  • VPN although having trouble accessing company SharePoint site with Safari
DISLIKES
  • Can't make calls from Calendar
  • Can't customize which email folders sync (currently syncs all)
  • Battery life - increased functionality/usability= more use and battery drain
  • No App Store demos to try before buy
APPS I LIKE
  • AIM
  • Pandora
  • Bloomberg
  • HoldEm
  • eBay
  • Remote
  • Facebook
  • Google
WAITING FOR
  • Turn by turn navigation
  • Ilium eWallet - app is available but waiting for PC desktop and/or Mac version so I can sync my records from Blackjack
  • Exchange sync enhancements
  • More apps

Labels: ,