Friday, March 07, 2008

Is it time to go iPhone?

It's still not there, but if the stars align then I just might be opening up the wallet at a local Apple Store come summer time. This BusinessWeek article quotes Standard & Poor's analyst Todd Rosenbluth and Sara Radicati at Radicati Group, and notes that Apple will be making the iPhone more enterprise friendly, which will definitely work for me as I start planning to replace my handset.

I currently use my Samsung Blackjack to check work email and for lite web usage so I need Exchange push email, calendar and contacts support. This is what I want in my next handset and what the iPhone offers:

  • MS Exchange/ActiveSync Integration - coming in June?
  • 3G - Summer?
  • Wi-Fi - check
  • Better Mobile Web Experience - check
  • Bluetooth 2.0 with support for A2DP for stereo audio playback - maybe in the 3G version? It would be nice to use the iPhone with the TRITTON AX BLUESTREAM Bluetooth Stereo Headset
  • GPS - not a deal breaker but a nice to have
  • VPN - might be useful
So will my new handset needs be met by Apple this Summer?

Labels: