Saturday, November 26, 2005

Hooray! New Garmin Forerunner 305 GPS/training wristwatch?

After going off on a tangent last weekend to talk about my favorite mobile device, the Garmin Forerunner 201 speed and distance monitor wristwatch, it looks like my prayers will soon be answered with a new and improved version that will come out hopefully in early 2006.

According to a rumor posted at Sportsim Weblog, Garmin will be announcing the Forerunner 305 at CES in January.

The rumored new model will sport improved GPS reception via better chipsets and antenna placement, relatively smaller wristwatch design and include a heart rate monitor. Although still nowhere close to being high fashion, it does look more like a watch. A geek's watch yes, but still better than the 201. I hope this rumor is true because I definitely want to add this to the top of my must-have gadgets....